Premium Bioremediation & Absorbent
- Low cost
- Quick Absorbtion rates
- Extremely high absorption value
- Biodegradable (in most cases)
- Absorbs 3-8 times its volume
- Works on all surfaces
- Proven as a cost efficient solution for operators
- Custom manufactured for site-specific requirements
EcoSponge™ is an award winning product that has been recognized by the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission.
EcoSponge™ is a dehydrated, densified cellulose fiber that is used in the oil and gas industry to solidify and stabilize drill cuttings, and for the solidification of liquid waste and treatment of other E&P waste streams. Our proprietary, patented EcoSponge™ products are engineered to be oleophilic and to solidify and stabilize all types of drilling fluids and drill cuttings including: water-based mud, oil-based mud and brine. The product is manufactured in four different grind sizes to meet your site-specific requirements and will absorb 3 to 8 times its volume in most absorption applications.
Our premium bioremediation product contains additives specifically designed to absorb and remediate water-based drill cuttings including: hydrocarbons, chlorides, heavy metals, other contaminates, as well as, balance pH levels. Once the hydrocarbons are absorbed into the cell walls of EcoSponge™, the unwanted material will then start to bioremediate.
- No additional liability concerns because water-based drill cuttings can be left on site and do not travel on the roads.
- The treated cuttings can be used as a soil amendment to enhance soils for the landowner or spread fields.
- Substantial reduction in overall costs by eliminating the need to haul and dispose of cuttings.
Download: Benefits Comparison
EcoSponge can be used for:
- Solidification and stabilization of E&P waste streams
- Absorption of aqueous waste steams (haul/dispose as a solid vs. liquid haul/dispose)
- Treatment of legacy pits
- Treatment of spoiled soils and impacted soils
- Absorbing and treating heavy fluids
- Bioremediation of hydrocarbon based waste streams
EcoSponge™ can be utilized as a bioremediation, solidification and absorbent product in virtually any oil and gas application. EcoSponge™ may be used on cuttings, soils, hard surfaces, etc. and is non-abrasive. On application, our bioremediation product immediately begins to encapsulate the unwanted contaminates. The hydrocarbons will be encapsulated within the cell walls of the product. EcoSponge’s™ naturally occurring microorganisms will immediately begin to break down the hydrocarbons. Once the contaminates are encapsulated, the unwanted material is then considered to be biodegradable and can be left on site or disposed of in spread fields. EcoSponge™ will also absorb and encapsulate heavy metals from soils and liquids. The capillary action of EcoSponge™ reduces issues of leaching.
Typical application is 1 part EcoSponge™ to 7 parts contaminated soil. EcoSponge™ can be partially rehydrated prior to mixing with contaminated soil.
- 1 ton SuperSacks
- 35 lb sacks (Pallet of 50)
- Bulk delivery to site is also available
For more information on EcoSponge™ and additional products used in the oil and gas industry please contact us either by calling 970-724-9839 or email us at email@example.com.